$100.00 – $185.00
Catalina Island, CA
- Access to our entire Kit Materials Vault, with fun facts, multi-disciplinary project starts, worksheets, and a teaching manual
- Reserved space on our Master Explorers page
- Student ferry ride to the island (Teacher Kit also includes teacher ferry)
- Ticket/reservation insurance and educational planning support
We use Catalina Express as our vendor for the ferry ride to the island. Boats leave from Dana Point or Long Beach.
Add-On Kits can be added to your order as a custom kit. They do not include the ferry ride on their own and can only be used as an add-on. Use the kits names and prices below when ordering.
Glass Bottom Boat Add-On Kit includes the Glass Bottom Boat Tour:
- Catalina Glass Bottom Boat Add-On Student Kit – $45
- Catalina Glass Bottom Boat Add-On Teacher Kit – $80
Undersea Add-On Kit includes the Undersea Submarine Tour:
- Catalina Undersea Add-On Student Kit – $65
- Catalina Undersea Add-On Teacher Kit – $120
Bison Expedition Add-On Kit includes the Bison Expedition Tour:
- Catalina Bison Expedition Add-On Student Kit – $110
- Catalina Bison Expedition Add-On Teacher Kit – $210
Catalina Island is located off the coast of Southern California, in the beautiful Pacific Ocean. You’ll almost always see dolphins and sea lions on the ferry ride to the island. Once there, there is lots to explore, from their quaint tourist town to miles upon miles of hiking trails and other adventures. Definitely check out their official website to discover all that the island has to offer!
The weather on the island is usually comfortable, but can be chilly and windy at times, so be sure to check the weather and dress accordingly. Food is allowed on the ferries and anywhere you go on the island. Parking at the ports is free.
There are hotel accommodations on the island, and we can book your reservation for the ferries on different days so you can make plans to stay a few days (lodging costs not included). Your students will love getting to learning about eco-tourism, marine wildlife, and island habitats!